Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 1/3 cups Plain/All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- Black sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, oats, brown sugar and powdered sugar for the topping.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175 C. Lightly grease two 9" x 5" (22 cm x 12 cm) loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat together the oil, sugar, mashed avocado, pumpkin, vanilla and water.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, ground ginger stirring/sifting to combine.
- Add a quarter of the dry ingredients at a time to the wet ingredients until the batter is smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the greased and floured pans. Sprinkle the tops of the loaves with brown sugar, oats, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake the bread for 70 to 80 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and cool.
- Dust with powder sugar and cut thick slices. Serve room temperature or toasted with cinnamon sugar butter.