This recipe is based on one I learned first hand from the inimitable Chef Tayler Kord in Brooklyn, NY
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp. butter
- First, crack four large eggs into a medium bowl and add 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the eggs until pale, lemon colored and frothy.
- In a medium non stick skillet, add one tablespoon of unsalted butter and set the pan on the stove.
- Pour the eggs into the pan over the butter and set the burner to medium. Working constantly, move the eggs to the center of the pan until almost set but still creamy.
- Remove pan fro heat and continue to move the eggs until set.
- Serve immediately!
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- Olive Oil
- Combine together one cup of all purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon table salt, one heaping teaspoon baking soda, and one cup buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, beat one large egg until foamy.
- Add egg to mixture and combine well.
- Heat a large skillet or flat iron griddle over medium heat.
- Brush with olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering, add the batter to the skillet using a 1/2 cup measure.
- Turn each pancake until golden colored and serve immediately