"Conception" Manicotti di Mama
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (~3tbsp)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 6 1/2 Cups whole, peeled canned tomatoes or crushed (28 oz cans X2)
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1.5 cups Milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Non-stick spray for crepe maker
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender and let the batter sit for 1/2 hour.
- 3 cups Ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup parmigiano - reggiano (grated)
- 1/3 cup marscapone cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- Lemon zest to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup grated mozzerella
- Heat oil and sauce onion for 6 minutes
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 2 hours.
- Blend ingredients in bender and let sit for 1/2 hour.
- Spray non-stick spray on crepe maker for first crepe only.
- Dip crepe maker into batter very quickly.
- Flip crepe to cook both sides.
- Stir together filling ingredients.
- Spread an even thin layer of filling on crepe.
- Fold crepe over 3x.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce on baking dish before placing crepes on the dish.
- Assemble filled crepes in a ceramic dish.
- Cover with sauce and grated mozzerlla
- Bake at 400℉ or 205℃ for 1/2 hour - 45 minutes until sauce bubbles and cheese browns.